The Gigamon® Inline Bypass Threat Prevention Solution is purpose-built to simultaneously maximize inline security tool performance and reliability, network resiliency and operational efficiency. The two-day Designing and Implementing Gigamon Inline Bypass Security Solution course will teach you how to best design and implement the Gigamon Inline Bypass Threat Prevention Solution to reduce costs, maximize security effectiveness and improve network resiliency.
You’ll learn how to deliver the right data to the right tool at the right time, and how integrating advanced inline bypass functions helps maximize the effectiveness of security enhancement practices.
You’ll learn how to deliver the right data to the right tool at the right time, and learn how integrating advanced inline bypass functions helps redistribute traffic when a tool fails and maximizes the effectiveness of the remaining security tools.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Simplify architectures and enable security tools to do more, enabling faster onboarding of patches and new technology
- Help improve security posture and reduce network downtime when changing threat prevention tools
- Demonstrate competency in deploying solutions to maximize the effectiveness of your security stack
This program will appeal to:
- Professionals tasked with the implementation and support of network visibility for security, including administrators, security engineers and network engineers
- Security operations (SecOps) staff, whose priority is the security of the network
- Network operations (NetOps) staff, whose priority is network uptime
Before taking the course, you should be familiar with:
- Gigamon solution fundamentals around network visibility
- Inline tools like ATP, IPS and WAF
- GigaSMART® software features, uses and configuration
Note: One way to get up to speed on these necessary skills is to complete the Gigamon Foundation course. See the Educational Services web page for details.
This two-day course is delivered through a variety of methods, including:
- Instructor Led Training (ILT)
- Instructor Led Online (ILO)
This course includes approximately 12 hours of instruction time, including hands-on labs and several discrete, sequential modules that walk you through
the materials covered:
- GigaSECURE® Security Delivery Platform Overview
- Inline Bypass Foundations
- Design Considerations for the Inline Bypass Threat Prevention Solution
- Flexible Inline Arrangements
- Provisioning High Availability
- Gigamon Inline SSL Decryption Design and Implementation
After completing this course, you will be able to understand:
- Data requirements for inline security and network analysis tools
- Approaches and considerations for packet access for inline tools
- Traffic sizing for inline security and network analysis tools
- How to filter traffic to meet the needs of security tools.
- Load sharing between inline security and network analysis tools
- How to implement tool groupings for inline processing
- Traffic management for inline processing
- How to replicate traffic to out-of-band tools for augmenting inline security
Overall, you’ll gain the skills needed to design and implement solutions that scale inline threat prevention tools, stop tool sprawl and contain costs.